Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The aging dilemma


Although this is meant to be a photo site, it appears that I will also inflict a little of my philosophy upon anyone who happens to wander into my blog...as I am now moving gradually into old age, it is important that some of my observations are written down...first thing, the dilemma of life will always escape my understanding; perhaps that is why I love photography at this stage of my life: it gives me glimpses of such beauty in the world if only briefly and for a moment. To try to capture these moments on digital film is like creating a painting in a few minutes. When I was much younger, painting in oil or acrylic was a passion; now I feel time is finite and with photography a lot more can be accomplished holding a camera than a paintbrush... our mortality escapes us in youth; it takes age to appreciate the brevity of life.

No comments: