Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer's end


Drove to the coast the other day to view the sunset after a series of storms. There is a sadness about the month of August; it is the beginning of the end of summer...the beautiful weather coming to a close, as the evenings become just a bit cooler and the mornings a bit chillier...the Big Dipper is a higher over the horizon after dark. As I grow older, the winters become a little harder to tolerate, the cold seems more pervasive and my body a lot sorer after cleaning the barn in freezing weather...but there is one important fact I cannot forget...no matter what the temperature, there is always such beauty around me...even in the middle of winter.
I'll miss the colors of summer, my photography in winter is pared down to the basics: black and white images are perfect...there is a sparse graphic element to photography when snow is on the ground...

No comments: