Sunday, June 23, 2013

Canon 5D Mark III in Scotland



These images would never have looked noise free with my Mark II, a camera that I thought was amazing...after talking to a friend, who does a lot of night and twilight photography, about the wonders of the Mark III in low light photography,  I purchased one and  have never looked back...the camera is absolutely mindboggling. The three night images above are taken at ISO 800...it was twilight and I was able to get amazing clarity and brightness without long exposure at ISO 100...the one that is below of the interior of St. Giles Cathedral was taken at ISO 12800 with a Canon 24-70mm 2.8L lens at 42mm...it was hand held..and it is sharp...the interior of the cathedral was dark with lots of shadow, but this camera was able to hold the dynamic range...in the post processing in ACR, I used the Camera Raw noise reduction lightly...the noise was removed..the Mark II could have never handled this shot at ISO12,800; it would have been unusable...what I really loved in Edinburgh was the ability to walk around and shoot with a full frame DSLR, just as if it were a point and shoot...

No comments: