Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scotland




I have just returned from two weeks of photography on Orkney and Shetland...my recommendation to anyone headed to those two islands is that landscape photography is difficult in May..the true sunset didn't come until approximately 10:30pm and sunrise was somewhere around 3am..Most of the time was spent shooting in bright harsh light and it was hard..I am a true landscape photographer who loves the colors of morning and evening, but it just didn't work out for me.. this trip was a compromise with lighting..a lot of it was night photography;  so I did have a lot of practice in that genre..attached are some images from Orkney and Shetland..remember that these islands also have a paucity of trees..Shetland didn't have any trees to speak of, therefore, you are photographing a stark, open landscape..Edinburgh was fantastic to see and lots to photograph architecturally; but only had two days there..planning to go to Glencoe and Skye on my next visit to Scotland; will have to go later in the season in order to get the morning and evening light...

No comments: