Friday, January 26, 2018

Aging and photography

   Recently I have aged beyond 70 years...it still is a shock to me;  sometimes it seems to me that I am still young but when I look in the mirror the reality hits really hard. My photography is still one of the most important things in my life: my creative outlet producing true moments of happiness, when I can focus on taking images of something that is beautiful or that is in some way moving emotionally. Last July there was a week aboard a steel sailboat in Disko Bay, Greenland.  It was absolutely amazing when our boat first sailed into Disko bay from Ilullisat harbor and those massive icebergs were all around us. It was night. The time to photograph icebergs in Greenland is in summer at night, during the time of the midnight sun: the light can be amazing and the color of the icebergs striking. The nights are cold when sailing from dusk to dawn, and the glacial winds are freezing...but it was all worth it. Here are a few images from that voyage; I hope you enjoy them. There are more on my website...keep photographing and don't lose your joy for life and photography ever...



No comments: