Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Beavertail and Canada

Last weekend I went out to Beavertail with a couple of friends to do some shooting..the clouds were pretty amazing:  cirrus clouds that almost looked like ocean waves.  The color never really came into the sky as the sun set but this conversion to black and white seemed to capture the feel of that day.
This weekend I am off to the Canadian Rockies for the fifth time.  It is a place that provokes a feeling of peace and belonging in me; there is just something about the Canadian Rockies in Alberta and British Columbia that is inexplicable...I have been blown away by Fitz Roy and Torres del Paine, but there is a quiet strength in the Canadian Rockies that seems to touch my soul...the mountains there are not as dramatic as the Andes but every bit as impressive...

No comments: