Tuesday, December 28, 2010

After Christmas thoughts...

Here is my dog, Ralph; he will be 5 years old next month...the strange thing is that it seems like yesterday when I brought him home on my lap in the car. He was small enough to hold easily in my two hands...he has brought me on a journey in the past few years; despite the fact that he can drive you crazy playing with his toys and wanting you to throw all the squeaky balls, he has taught me humility and the joy of small pleasures...he doesn't worry about his appearance, he wakes up happy every day looking forward to the adventures ahead of him, no matter how small they may be...just a walk is a joy for him, playing with a toy I toss is enough for Ralph, being beside me is all he asks of life. In many ways he has enhanced my life, and in many ways he has been my tutor in the joy and fun of being alive and appreciating every day...


Here are a couple of recent images taken on my walks with him.

No comments: