Thursday, December 9, 2010

New point and shoot!




These are a couple of images taken with my new Canon G12 point and shoot camera...for years I have used the G9, which is a fantastic little camera..but my husband surprised me with this one a couple of days ago..the advantage to the G12 is the articulating LCD screen..you can use it in the normal position on back of camera, but if necessary, it can be snapped out and rotated 180 degrees making it easy to take images with the camera in any position...the images I've taken so far, appear sharp and crisp with good dynamic range..it still has the ND filter..which comes in very handy at times..more images to come..the other one in b&w is a macro..the major complaint I've heard about this camera is that the spot for your thumb is small...but it's ok for me because I have a small hand, but for a man, it could be a problem avoiding hitting buttons on the back accidentally...what's interesting is that I was going to get the Sigma D1x..but when I read Darwin Wiggett's review and found that it had a lens cap (which must be removed prior to shooting) and poor performance in low light despite the large sensor, I knew it would be a pain in the neck..it's a lot better to have a retractable lens with built in protection, which the G12 incorporates.

No comments: