Thursday, December 2, 2010

thoughts on aging




This image of sunset was taken a few days ago...a cold front was moving into the area that evening and the sky was spectacular..I should have taken a few minutes to drive to the reservoir to get some reflections of this incredible color; instead I was walking Ralph in the backwoods so had to shoot through the trees...

Now that I'm over sixty, it is often that I reflect upon the aging process and the changes it has upon a person...the one thing that is irritating me lately is the senior citizen discount offered by so many businesses...I often wonder what that's all about..does it imply that seniors (and who came up with that word for older people anyway?) cannot afford anything anymore and have to be taken care of by being offered a discount or is it a way to lure people back to their store or restaurant? It definitely is not a reward..there is something insidious about it..like we are doddering old codgers...

Now that that's off my chest..the other early morning image was taken the other day just as the sun touched the trees as it cleared the horizon..

No comments: